Expand a Business in Georgia
How we work for you
- Consultative. Our team is proactive – they ask questions and identify solutions - and committed to helping you figure out which resources and incentives will most benefit your company and its strategic goals.
- Collaborative. We work closely with other agencies in state government, as well as local governments, chambers of commerce and utilities. These relationships keep us up to date on changing conditions and emerging opportunities.
- Communicative. Our team doesn’t just point the way. We connect you with people to help you get things done - providing you with names, contact information, or a personal introduction.
Here To Help Grow Your Business
Want to learn more about growing your business in Georgia? Contact one of our project managers. (Companies in Georgia needing assistance: Contact Michelle Shaw)
|Project Manager | Region 1
|Project Manager | Region 2
|Sr. Project Manager | Region 3
|Sr. Project Manager | Region 6
|Sr. Project Manager | Region 7
|Project Manager | Region 8
|Sr. Project Manager | Region 10
|Project Manager | Region 11
|Assistant Director | Region 12
Grow Your Business With Georgia’s HelpHow to grow your business is on the mind of every company leader. Good news: When you’re operating in Georgia – or looking to locate here – you’ve got our team to help. Here are four ways our experts in the Georgia Department of Economic Development help companies in Georgia expand:
1. Selling your goods and services to overseas markets. Members of our international trade team work with companies in every region of the state to expand their global footprint. They’ll share market intelligence, help locate partners and customers in global markets, and provide a wealth of insights into the world of exporting.
2. Rewarding growth with tax credits. Georgia offers many excellent tax credits and exemptions – so many, in fact, that it can be hard to keep track of them all. Our Georgia Department of Economic Development representatives are happy to identify which of these incentives are the best fit for growing your business.
3. Providing valuable information to guide decision making and growth. Our team will conduct research to help inform the location and expansion of your business. We’ll also connect you with the right utility partners to help you calculate expected costs of electricity, natural gas and water. And to help generate new business, we’ll share resources such as the , which connects you to open defense contracts and potential partners.
4. Finding the best opportunities to expand your business. Not only the city or town, but the available space and facilities. Our interactive Site Selector gives you instant data on:
- Communities – labor market information, drive times, other variables
- Companies – search by industry for nearby suppliers, customers and industry peers
- Sites explore pre-qualified industrial sites for which the due diligence has been completed prior to a company's visit; search based on your desire location in the state and range of acreage
- Buildings – an inventory of what’s available, based on your needs (square footage, office vs. industrial, etc.)